Astronomical League Bylaws and Standing Resolutions
Standing Resolution #14: The Jack Horkheimer Award
Enacted 7/21/1998, at French Lick, In.; Amended 7/13/1999,
at Cheney, Wa.
- The League shall present an annual Jack Horkheimer
Award to a League member under the age of 19 for outstanding
service to the League or League member societies.
- The Award shall be chaired by the League Vice-President
who shall (a) solicit award nominations and (b) recruit,
from among the League Council members, a panel of
judges from at least three regions to evaluate nominees.
- The Award shall consist of (a) a plaque and (b)
a cash prize of $1,000 donated by award sponsor, Jack
Horkheimer. The Award shall be presented at the banquet
of the annual convention or, if no banquet is held,
at the largest gathering of League members at the
- The Committee Chair shall maintain a list of nominees
who are not selected and shall submit those nominees
for consideration in future years, if still eligible.
- Award committees shall report award winners, and
the justification for their awards to the Reflector
Editor, League Webmaster, and League Publicity Chair
within 30 days of the presentation of the award.
Astronomical League National Headquarters
9201 Ward Parkway; Suite 100
Kansas City, MO 64114