Astronomical League Bylaws and Standing Resolutions
Standing Resolution #15: The Mabel Sterns Award
Enacted 7/21/1998, at French Lick, In.; Amended 7/13/1999,
at Cheney, Wa.
- The League shall present an annual Mabel Sterns
Award for outstanding editing of a League-society
newsletter. Newsletters from League-member institutions,
such as planetariums, museums and event boards, are
- The Award shall be chaired by the League Vice-President
who shall (a) solicit award nominations and (b) recruit,
from among jounalism professionals and League members,
a panel of judges to evaluate nominees.
- The Award Chair shall, in the February Reflector
each year, identify a particular monthly or quarterly
issue from the prior calendar year which will be eligible
for consideration for the award.
- The Award shall consist of a plaque to be presented
at the banquet of the annual convention or, or if
no banquet is held, at the largest gathering of League
members at the convention.
- Award committees shall report award winners, and
the justification for their awards to the Reflector
Editor, League Webmaster, and League Publicity Chair
within 30 days of the presentation of the award.
Astronomical League National Headquarters
9201 Ward Parkway; Suite 100
Kansas City, MO 64114